once upon a time on a cold dark night sitting somewhere in the garden city, a thoughtless rambler decided to save his words for posterity.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Wishing for a mobile..

Until very recently, I was not very particular about mobile phones. But all of it changed when my portable video player conked off after a month of rigorous usage. The StormBlue video player lived up to its true Korean identity by refusing to boot up. I should say that it was a really good player, though a bit costly for $220. But it did play really well. It could store 8 hours of movies, and 9 hours of battery backup.


Instead of buying a video player, I thought I would buy a mobile with camera. After 2 weeks of surfing, and countless hours of thinking, I have finally chosen to buy a Nokia 6630. Right now it costs around Rs. 13,000. I somehow liked the looks of the phone(maybe because it resembles the shape that you would expect in members of our opposite sex). It is a triband phone and can also support WCDMA. That means it should works in almost any country in the world, incluing Korea and Japan. It also has a 1.3 megapixel camera, though people complain that the videos from this camera are not that impressive. Those interested can get a detailed review at http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-6630-en.shtml


I also recenly changed my carrier from Hutch to Airtel. For one, Hutch has got a poor connection inside my house. Secondly, Airtel was offering a 599 rental postpaid option where you can call unlimited to local Airtel mobiles. Thirdly, with an Airtel sim, you can roam internationally, which is not the case with Hutch.

No comments: